We are a part of a great legacy of people living their faith in Santa Cruz. For more than two hundred years, Catholic parishioners have worked together to assist others in various needs. Many ministries go beyond the parish; others strive to meet needs within.
Those who make up the family of Holy Cross work to assist others in various needs. Many ministries go beyond the parish; others strive to meet needs within.
We are a part of a great legacy of people living their faith in Santa Cruz. For more than two hundred years, Catholic parishioners have worked together, bringing what each one has to build up the other, and to enhance our community.
If we take a few moments to appreciate our lives and the gifts we have, we also can discover ways to help them flourish, that they, in turn, may help others flourish. Jesus asks us to invest our very selves — to develop who we are and what we have to responsibly share these gifts, and to gratefully return them to God.
Please accept this invitation to reflect on your gifts, your talents, the things you enjoy, the things that bring life to others. We truly do need your personal involvement. Every gift is a great blessing to others and is appreciated by many. So, as you look at the various things going on here, please know they will be enhanced by your participation.
Helping Those in Need
- Martha’s Helpers – Funeral receptions. Contact: Parish Office 831-423-4182
- St. Francis Catholic Kitchen – Lunch served daily, Monday thru Friday. 205 Mora St., Santa Cruz Contact: Richard Crowe 831-459-6712.
- Holy Cross Food Pantry – To collect and distribute food and resources for those in need. Do you have two hours a month to share? If so, volunteers are always needed. Please contact us at: 831-469-0631.
- Siena Maternity House – Contact: 831-425-2229.
- Knights of Columbus – Contact: Rudy Quijance 831-458-9169.
- Young Ladies Institute (YLI) – Contact: Pat Morotti 831-423-8141.
- Italian Catholic Federation – Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in Holy Cross Hall; social at 5:00 pm. Contact: Rosa Radicchi 831-460-0545.
- Portuguese Federation – Contact: Gaspar Barros 831-426-8925.
- Marriage Encounter – Is your marriage a living witness to others? Worldwide Marriage Encounter can energize your sacrament. For more information, contact Mike and Lilia Croghan 831-426-2319 or Vic and Joan Penacho 831-638-9498 or via email: ME@penacho.com.
- Retrouvaille – For troubled marriages.Contact: Mike and Charlotte Mazzei 831-439-9503.
- Newman Catholic Center – For UCSC and Cabrillo College students. 285 Meder St., Santa Cruz, CA Contact: Fr. Justin Bianchi at 831-423-9400.